Department of Plastic Surgery, St. James Hospital, Dublin
1969 - 1975: Ashton School, Blackrock, Cork, Ireland
1975 - 1981: University College, Cork, Ireland
M.B.,B.Ch., B.A.O. (Honours in Paediatrics)
1985 : F.R.C.S.I.
1989 : Fellowship in Plastic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh.
1990: Fellowship in Microsurgery St. Vincent's Hospital Melbourne.
1993: F.R.C.S.I. (Plast)
10/94 - Ongoing: Consultant Plastic Surgeon
St. James's Hospital, Our Lady's hospital for Sick Children and St Luke's Hospital, Dublin
Private operating privileges:
Mater Private hospital
Sports surgery Clinic, Santry
10/92-9/94: Senior Registrar in Plastic Surgery.
St. Lawrence's Hospital, Chepstow, Wales.
(Mr. Cooper, Mr. Dickson, Mr. MacGregor, Mr. Milling, Mr. Sykes.)
Honorary Senior Research Fellow, University of Swansea.
3/92 - 9/92: Career Registrar in Plastic Surgery
Cork Regional Hospital, Cork, Ireland.
1/92 - 3/92: Locum Registrar in Plastic Surgery
Cork Regional Hospital, Cork, Ireland.
(Mr. Condon, Mr. O'Connor.)
1/91 - 12/92: Registrar in Plastic Surgery
St. James Hospital and Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin, Dublin, Ireland.
(Mr. Edwards, Mr. Lawlor and Mr. McHugh.)
1/90 - 12/90: Microsurgery Fellow and Clinical Assistant in Plastic Surgery
Microsurgery Research Centre, St. Vincent's Hospital, Melbourne, Australia.
(Mr. Jenner, Mr. MacLeod, Prof. Morrison, Mr. O'Brien) hospitals.
7/89 - 12/89: Plastic Surgery Fellow
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. U.S.A.
(Dr. W. Futtrell, Mr. N. Jones.)
1/88 - 6/89: Registrar in Plastic Surgery
St. James's Hospital and Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children. Dublin, Ireland.
(Mr. Edwards, Mr. Lawlor, Mr. McHugh, Mr. Prendiville).
1/86 - 12/87: Registrar in Plastic Surgery
Dr. Steven's Hospital and Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children. Dublin, Ireland.
7/85 - 6/86: Clinical Associate in Plastic Surgery
Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee.
7/82 – 6/85 Ardkeen Hospital, Waterford
Mater Hospital, Dublin
Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin
County & City Infirmary, Waterford
Our Lady of Lourdes hospital, Drogheda
7/81 – 6/82 Medical and Surgical Intern, Cork Regional Hospital
1997-1998 Chairman Surgical Subgroup
St James's Hospital
1996-1999 IAPS (Irish Association of Plastic Surgeons) representative
Basic Surgical Training, RCSI
1997-2000 Secretary/Treasurer, Irish Society of Hand Surgery
2001- 2004 Federated European Society of Surgery of Hand representative
Management Committee Journal of Hand Surgery
2002-2004 Vice Chairman, Medical Board
St James's Hospital
2002 2002- 2008 Treasurer IAPS
2003 - 2012 IAPS representative at UEMS and EBOPRAS
2008- 2011 Clinical Director of OMEGA directorate, St James's Hospital
2012-2014 President IAPS
2013- Member of ExCO ESPRAS (European Society of Plastic Reconstructive & Aesthetic surgery)
2014 - Treasurer of ESPRAS
1995 - Examiner in Final Med Surgery
Trinity College Dublin
2004 - 2013 Intercollegiate Examiner in Plastic Surgery
2005 - Examiner for European Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
2013- Examiner Assessor Intercollegiate Examinations
1. Eadie P.A : Conservative treatment of splenic cysts.
Ir. Med J. 79: 11-12, 1986
2. Eadie P.A., Moran R., Fogarty E., Edwards G: Atlanto-axial subluxation following pharyngoplasty.
Br. J. Plast Surg. 42: 722 - 3, 1989.
3. Niazi Z., Eadie P.A., Lawlor D: Successful replantation of nose and review of the literature.
Br. J. Plast Surg. 43: 617 - 20, 1989.
4. Eadie P.A., Niazi Z., Lee. T.C., Lawlor D: Seal finger in a wildlife ranger.
Ir. Med. J. 83: 117 - 8, 1990.
5. Jones N.F., Eadie P.A., Myers E.N: A double lumen free jejunal transfer for reconstruction of the entire floor of mouth, pharynx and cervical oesophagus.
Br. J. Plast Surg 44: 44 - 8, 1991.
6. Jones N.F., Eadie P.A, Johnson P.C., Mears D.C: Treatment of chronic infected hip arthoplasty wounds by radical debridement and obliteration with pedicled and free muscle flaps.
Plast Reconstr.- Surg. 88: 95 - 101, 1991.
7. Knight K.R. McPhadyn K., Leopore D.A., Kuwata N., Eadie P.A., O'Brien B: Enhancement of ischaemic rabbit skin flap survival with anti-oxidant and free- radical scavenger N. Acetylcysteine.
Clin. Science. 81: 31 - 36, 1991.
8. Jones NF, Eadie P.A., : Pacinian corpuscle hyperplasia in the hand.
J. Hand Surg 16A: 865 - 9, 1991.
9. Eadie P.A., Jenner D.A., Sakai K: Clinical experience with the second metatarsal artery neurovascular flap.
Br. J. Plast Surg.: 45: 136 -140, 1992.
10. D'Apice A.J.F., Kalina P.A., Eadie P.A., Pollock B., Sinclair A.J., O'Brien McC: Essential fatty acid deficieny increases interstitial Ia positive cells in a rat kidney and accelerates allograft rejection.
Transplantation. 55: 259-63, 1992
11. Butler PEM, Eadie PA, Lawlor D, Edwards G, McHugh M. Bupivicaine and Kaltostat - The ideal donor site dressing.
Ir J Med Sci 161: 3-4, 1992
12. Eadie P.A. and Condon K.C: Wire sutures: An aid to locating nerves.
Br. J. Plast Surg 46: 263, 1993.
13. Eadie P.A., Jenner D.A., Sakai K: Clinical experience with the second metatarsal artery neurovascular flap.
Year Book of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, Mosby - Year Book, Inc, 1993.
14. Butler P.E.M., Eadie P.A., Lawlor D., Edwards G., McHugh M: Bupivicaine and Kaltostat reduces post-operative donor site pain.
Br. J. Plast Surg. 46: 52-4, 1993.
15. Eadie P.A., O'Connor T.P.F. and Watson J.B.G: Surgical management of varicella gangrenosum.
Plast Reconst Surg. 94: 891-2, 1994.
16. Eadie P.A., Williams R, Dickson W.A.D. Thirty -five years of paediatric scalds: Are lessons being learned?
Br J Plast Surg 48: 103 -105, 1995.
17. Carroll SM, Gough M, Eadie PA. A 3 year epidemiological review of burn unit admissions in Dublin, Ireland: 1988-1991.
Burns 21: 379-382, 1995.
18. ES O'Broin, M O'Donnell, D O' Donovan, E Tiernan, DL Lawlor, PA Eadie. absorbable skin graft staples: a clinical trial using Graftec-X.
Br J Plas Surg 49: 485-487, 1996
19. O'Donovan D, Eadie PA. Tendon and nerve injuries in the hand.
Mod Med 26 (11): 47- 52, 1996.
20. V Guthrie, PA Eadie . Fingertip injuries and replantations.
Mod Med 26 (12): 17- 24, 1996.
21. Eadie PA. Dupuytren's disease.
Mod Med 27 (1): 38-42, 1997
22. Eadie PA, Mehdi SY. The surgical management of the rheumatoid hand.
Mod Med. 27 (2): 29-35, 1997
23. O'Donovan DA, Mehdi SY, Eadie PA The role of Silicone net dressings (Mepitel) in the management of Paediatric fingertip injuries.
J Hand Surg 24B: 727 - 730, 1999
24. Purcell T, Eadie PA, Murugan S, O'Donnell M, Lawless M Static splinting of extensor tendon repairs.
J Hand Surg 25B: 180-2, 2000
25.Beausang E, Murugan S, Eadie PA, Lawlor D. Replantation of an extensive scalp avulsion.
J Ir Coll Phy Surg 31: 202 – 204, 2002
26. Prospective evaluation of outcome measures in free-flap surgery. Kelly JL, Eadie PA, Orr D , Al-Rawi M , O'Donnell M , Lawlor D
J Reconstr Microsurg, 20(6): 435-8; discussion 439 2004
27. Firework injuries presenting to a national burn's unit. Jones D , Lee W , Rea S , Donnell MO , Eadie PA
Ir Med J, 97(8): 244-5 2004
28. Analysis of functional results and quality of life following free jejunal flaps for reconstruction after upper aerodigestive neoplastic resection: the St James's experience. Hanson RP , Chow TK , Feehan E , Eadie PA , Timon CT , Keogh S
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg, 60(6): 577-82 2007
29. The human bite injury: a clinical audit and discussion regarding the management of this alcohol fuelled phenomenon. Henry FP , Purcell EM , Eadie PA Emerg Med J, 24(7): 455-8 2007 30. Backyard burning. Murphy SM , Davidson C , Kennedy AM , Eadie PA , Lawlor C
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg, 61(2): 180-2 2008
30. The human bite injury: a clinical audit and discussion regarding the management of this alcohol fuelled phenomenon. Henry FP , Purcell EM , Eadie PA
Emerg Med J, 24(7): 455-8 2007
31. Unnecessary inter-hospital referral of minor hand injuries: a continuing problem. Murphy SM , Whately K , Eadie PA , Orr DJ
Ir J Med Sci, 2009
32. Strategy for management of skin necrosis in neonates with lower extremity vascular birthmarks. Almeida JP , Eadie PA
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg, 61(12): 1548-9 2008
33. Radial forearm free flap for repair of a large nasal septal perforation: a report of a case in a child. Barry C , Eadie PA , Russell J
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg, 61(8): 996-7 2008
34. Unnecessary inter-hospital referral of minor hand injuries: a continuing problem. Murphy SM , Whately K , Eadie PA , Orr DJ
Ir J Med Sci, 2009
35. Burning more than calories; Treadmill Friction injuries in Children. Davidson CC, Eadie PA.
IMJ 102: 320-323, 2009
36. Free tissue transfer versus pedicled flap reconstruction of head and neck malignancy defects.O'Neill JP, Shine N, Eadie PA, Beausang E, Timon C.
Ir J Med Sci. 2010 Sep;179(3):337-43. 2010
37. Full thickness burn caused by exposure to giant hogweed: delayed presentation, histological features and surgical management.Chan JC, Sullivan PJ, O'Sullivan MJ, Eadie PA.
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2011 Jan;64(1):128-30. doi: 10.1016/j.bjps.2010.03.030. Epub 2010 Apr 15
38. Severe hand injuries resulting from Samurai sword assaults: a Dublin case series.Seoighe DM, O'Neill AC, Eadie PA.
J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2011 Jan;36(1):70-84
39. Full thickness burn caused by exposure to giant hogweed: delayed presentation, histological features and surgical management. Chan JC, Sullivan PJ, O'Sullivan MJ, Eadie PA.
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2011 Jan;64(1):128-30. doi: 10.1016/j.bjps.2010.03.030. Epub 2010 Apr 15.
40. The untold truth about "bath salt" highs: A case series demonstrating local tissue injury.Dorairaj JJ, Healy C, McMenamin M, Eadie PA.
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2012 Feb;65(2):
41. A chromosomal 5q31.1 gain involving PITX1 causes Liebenberg syndrome. Seoighe DM, Gadancheva V, Regan R, McDaid J, Brenner C, Ennis S, Betts DR, Eadie PA, Lynch SA. Am
J Med Genet A. 2014 Nov;164A(11):2958-60. doi: 10.1002/ajmg.a.36712. Epub 2014 Aug 14. No abstract available.
42. The tin whistle: a rare and serious cause of penetrating oropharyngeal trauma in children. Francis EC, Browne KM, Eadie PA.
Case Rep Emerg Med. 2014;2014:562418. doi: 10.1155/2014/562418. Epub 2014 Aug 13.
43. Hand in Hand: The Activity of a Soft Tissue Trauma Clinic in a Tertiary Referral Centre and its Association with Economic Prosperity. McQuade C, Quinlan CS, Shelley OP, Eadie PA.
Ir Med J. 2016 May 10;109(5):415. No abstract available.
44. Is satisfaction with surgeon a determining factor in patient reported outcomes in breast reconstruction? de Blacam C, Healy C, Quinn L, Spillane C, Boyle T, Eadie PA, Connolly EM, O'Donovan D.
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2016 Sep;69(9):1248-53. doi: 10.1016/j.bjps.2016.06.018. Epub 2016 Jul 1. PMID:27406254
1. Costello A.J., Eadie P.A., Bolton D.M., Ikada Y:
Sutureless Neodymium : Y.A.G. Laser vasvasostomy over a biodegradable intraluminal stent. J
. Urol. 145: 434A, 1991.
2. Eadie P.A., Bradley S., Lee K.S., Little G., Milling M.A.P.
Does early mobilisation affect the long-term outcome of nerve reparis?
J. Hand Surg 19B: 18, 1994.
1. Eadie PA.
Plastic Surgery in Medico-legal reporting in Surgery, ed., Jones BJ.
Churchill Livingstone New York, 1997
2. Sykes PF, Eadie PA
The Growing Hand: Diagnosis and Management of Disorders of the Paediatric Upper extremity: Management of Ulnar Club Hand.
Mosby, London, 1999
Post-operative rehabilation for flexor tendon injuries. Irish Association of Hand Therapists.
The Early Management of the Burn Victim. Irish Association of Plastic Surgeons. Galway
Extensor tendon repairs. Irish Association of Hand therapists.
Hand Surgery - the future. Irish Hand Surgery Society.
The role of the plastic surgeon in orthopaedic trauma Current controversies in Orthopaedic trauma, Dublin,
Paediatric Wound Care. Wound Management Association of Ireland conference, Dublin
Extensor tendon injuries. BAHT Trauma course. Dublin
Extensor tendon injuries Irsh Hand Surgery Society, Waterford
Flexor tendon reconstruction Irish Hand Surgery Society, Galway
The Thumb deficient Hand Irish Hand surgery Society, Dublin
Breast reduction Surgery Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland, Dublin
Tendon Injuries and Tendon Transfers EBOPRAS Course, Madrid
Breast Augmentation EBOPRAS Course, Zagreb
Tendon Injuries EBOPRAS course. Zagreb
Congenital Hand deformities ESPRAS meeting, Rhodes
Wound healing EBOPRAS course, Aachen
Tendon injuries EBOPRAS course, Aachen
Non-surgical Aesthetic treatments Charter Day meeting, RCSI
Non-surgical Aesthetic treatments EBOPRAS course Innsbruck
O'Donnell M, Tiernan E, Eadie PA David Harris's technique of the SMAS facelift.
May 1995, BAPS video library
Presented at :
Videosurgery , St James's Hospital, Dublin, January 1996
Videosurgery '97, Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland, January 1997
Irish Hand Surgery Society.
British Association of Plastic Surgeons.
Irish Association of Plastic Surgeons.
British Society of Surgery of the Hand
International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons